Marshall, Malory, Addison, Eden & Ty

Marshall, Malory, Addison, Eden & Ty

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Eden turns 4!

Eden turned 4 yesterday!  I love the age four.  With Addison, I felt like it was a magical age.  An age where she really started becoming independent and helpful.  We will see if this stays true with Eden.  The terrible 3's (I think 3 is a harder age than 2) have been a struggle for me. . . I am hopeful that 4 is going to be great! Fingers crossed!
Eden had a great day.  She woke up bright and early at 6am.  I talked her into sleeping for one more hour.  She was so excited for her birthday!  When she woke up at 7 she said her belly hurt.  She laid on the couch.  . . didn't want breakfast, didn't want to open any presents.  
 I thought she might have caught the flu that has been going around.  Turns out she was probably just overly excited because she finally asked for breakfast (we made her favorite:  sausage, eggs, and pancakes)
After she ate she perked right up and was great the rest of the day.  
She was very excited about all her gifts.  She got a bike. 
 We also gave her a Polly pocket airplane, a sticker book, and the little rascals movie.  Addy gave her a barbie water wow coloring booklet.  
She is very enthusiastic when she unwraps gifts.  Her reactions were priceless!
After lunch we had her friends Ali, Brin, Hunter, and Hallie (along with their moms and brothers and sisters) over for cake and ice cream.  
Eden wanted a rainbow cake.
A guy I work with lent me this princess bounce house.  It was a hit.  
We also let the kids play with water balloons which turned into a big water fight.  
It was so nice of her friends to bring her some fun toys!
When Marshall got home we went to a movie and dinner with my mom to celebrate her birthday too.  Her birthday is the day after Eden's.  We saw Despicable Me 2.  Then we took Grandma to Texas Roadhouse for dinner.  
Eden sat on the birthday saddle and everyone in the restaurant gave her a big "Yee Haw" for her birthday.  Grandma wouldn't sit on it ;). 
There happened to be a guy at the restaurant making fun balloons for the kids.  He made Eden a birthday crown, and Addy a princess crown.  
It was a really fun day.  Eden fell asleep in the car about 5 minutes after we left the restaurant.  She must have been worn out from all the excitement.  I sure was :)

2 comments:

  1. What a fun day! Action packed! I'm glad she had such a great birthday. By the way, when I saw the picture of you and mom at dinner, I thought, "who is that baby she is holding?" Then I realized it was Ty! His hair is so blonde and he is getting big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun birthday! That is awesome that the guy making the balloons was at the restaurant. Perfect! Eden is such a doll! Can't believe she is 4! I remember visiting you a few days after you had her. She looked like a little angel, and made me so baby hungry :)

    ReplyDelete