Marshall, Malory, Addison, Eden & Ty

Marshall, Malory, Addison, Eden & Ty

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

My Addy Girl is growing Up

The last few weeks have been a big deal at our house for Addy.  First, she is really swimming well.  We got a swim pass this year at Indian Springs and so we have been going swimming at least twice a week.  The last time we went Addison jumped off the diving board without her life jacket (I was right there ready to save her if needed be) and swam to the edge by herself after she came out of the water!  This is huge compared to last year when she wouldn't even dunk her head under the water.  
Next, tonight she discovered her FIRST loose tooth!  She has been waiting for this day to come!  She is a late bloomer in the teeth department and "all her friends have already lost teeth" she has been telling me :)
Lastly, she learned to ride her bike without training wheels.  She has been practicing her balancing and then just a few days ago it just clicked and she got it!  She LOVES riding her bike so much more without training wheels. Tonight Eden and Ty both fell asleep for the night at 7:30 (no this is not normal) so Addy and I went for a bike ride.  I loved the one on one time I had with her.  I wanted to freeze time.  As we were riding together and talking about silly things it hit me that my little Addy girl is growing up!  It makes me tear up thinking about it.  I am trying to soak in our time together this summer because when she goes back to school she will be in first grade. . . ALL day!  I think this will be hard for me to be away from her all day.  I love my girl. She is growing up, but she will always be my baby. 
 

2 comments:

  1. She is looking older too! She is such a sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! This post made me tear up! So sweet! I can't believe how big she is getting. Dang it goes by fast!

    ReplyDelete