Marshall, Malory, Addison, Eden & Ty

Marshall, Malory, Addison, Eden & Ty

Thursday, September 5, 2013

First day of first Grade

Addison had her first day of 1st grade.   Her teacher is Mrs. Hoag!  She is the teacher I hoped Addison would get, so I was thrilled.  AF doesn't send out teacher assignments until the week before school starts.  Addison also has a really good friend, Isabella in her class this year.  This year I had a hard time leaving her; it was harder for me than kindergarten. She gets on the bus at 7:30am and gets off the bus at 3:45pm. That's a long day for a 6 year old.  Her first day she came home pretty tired.  I'm sure she will get used to it after a while, but she is worn right out by bedtime.  

Addison looked so cute for her first day.  We really only bought her a couple new outfits.  She really isn't into the new school clothes thing yet.  I'm sure sooner than later she will be.  We did splurge on a pair of new school shoes.  She wanted the twinkle toes sketchers that light up when she walks.  Can't believe she is an all day school girl.  I already miss having her home with me.  She is such a good kid!  I love her so very much!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe how grown up she is! I'm dreading school days! I think I am going to have a really hard time leaving them. That is such a long day! Addy is such a beautiful little girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really long day for a 6 year old. Our boys are lucky to have a 5 min bus ride. She looked adorable on her first day!

    ReplyDelete