Marshall, Malory, Addison, Eden & Ty

Marshall, Malory, Addison, Eden & Ty

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Overcoming a fear

Addy FINALLY got her ears pierced! Last July she wanted them pierced on her birthday. We took her. She was nervous. She said she would do it if Eden did it first. Eden was all for it. She sat there perfectly and didn't cry. Then it was Addy's turn. The lady cleaned her earlobes, got the earrings locked and loaded.... And Addy started to FREAK out! Bawling. screaming. kicking. A full on tantrum. I was so embarrassed. It looked like I was trying to force my child to pierce her ears, but I was just trying to talk her through it. After a couple minutes I realized she had her mind made up. We paid for the earrings (we had to since they opened the seal, they couldn't be resold) and high tailed it out of there!
Then, randomly Addy came home from school Friday (8 months later) and says she wants to pierce her ears. We went to Pocatello the next day. I took the earrings just in case. I called on the way down to make sure they had 2 people working so they could do both ears at the same time. They didn't they only had one. I told Addy, but she was still determined to do it. We got there and Barbara Chavez (our old neighbor) was there with her teenage granddaughter, getting her ears pieced. My thoughts were "oh great, Addy is going to chicken out again, and now there are people who we know to witness the tantrum." But to my surprise, she didn't chicken out! She was so brave. The first ear hurt her a little more than it should have because the back of the ear ring didn't clamp on. Luckily she went through with the second ear still. She was so happy afterward! She asked me to text all her friends and family! 

3 comments:

  1. Ah, she was so brave! Tell her I said she looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome that she went through with it! Getting ears pierced is a scary thing! I can't believe how brave Eden was too! They are definitely growing up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, that's awesome!!

    ReplyDelete